HIAS Computing Moodle
Want to be kept up-to-date?
Click here to subscribe to our Computing site news so we can keep you up-to-date with the latest news and training opportunities from the HIAS Computing team. Registration just takes a few minutes and you can unsubscribe at any time.
This course is aimed at practitioners from KS1 to KS4 who are responsible for identifying strategy and developing resources to raise awareness of online safety.
This course will help practitioners develop a whole school approach to online safety.
- To consider the technologies pupils are using.
- To identify and manage the risks associated with using online technology including mental health concerns.
- To review and develop acceptable use policies to support online safety.
- To identify and develop resources to raise awareness.
- To consider safeguards for staff and pupils when engaging in online learning.
Search and book on the Learning Zone using keyword search: Online Safety
Price: Sub £135 / SLA £85 / Full £162
Artificial intelligence (AI) is rapidly changing the world, and education is no exception. Join Phil Bagge in a practical exploration of how we can safely and freely use AI to enhance many of the teaching tasks we carry out on a daily basis, such as:
- Curriculum design
- Presenting ideas
This course is not a computing course; although we will use technology, it is about helping primary educators enhance learning in all subjects through the careful use of AI while understanding the limitations and drawbacks of the technology at this stage of its development.
Search and book on the Learning Zone using keyword search: AI
Price: Sub £110 / SLA £85 / Full £132
The primary aims of the subject network meetings are to:
- Ensure a clear understanding of the national picture and its application in local and school contexts.
- Support effective subject leadership as appropriate to each school’s individual context.
- Develop skills, expertise, and capacity within school subject leaders and their teams through quality strategic CPD and the sharing of good practice.
- Deepen understanding of subject specific pedagogy and knowledge that underpins good progress and attainment for ALL pupils.
- Facilitate school to school networking and develop strength across the system.
Spring 23-24 Secondary Computing Network – 11 March 2024
Keyword Search: Secondary Spring Computing
Price: Sub £75 / SLA £40 / Full £90
Summer 23-24 Secondary Computing Network – 1 July 2024
Keyword Search: Secondary Summer Computing
Price: Sub £75 / SLA £40 / Full £90
This is the annual Computing Conference in Hampshire. It is a great opportunity to hear from national speakers on the development of the computing curriculum as well as getting involved in discussions with colleagues to inform thinking and development.
- Opportunity to network with colleagues from other schools.
- Hear about good practice from national and local speakers.
- Consider other tools that can be used to enhance computing in your school.
- Training to support the development of subject knowledge.
Search and book on the Learning Zone using keyword search: Computing Conference
Price: Sub £235 / SLA £110 / Full £282
These support sessions cover all aspects of computing, computing science, Information technology and online safety.
Delegates will be kept up to date with the latest research, planning and information on new resources. We also regularly look at staff development, training, assessment, and Ofsted preparation.
26 January 2024 – North East Hants area
2 February 2024 – Basingstoke area
9 February 2024 – Havant area
23 February 2024 – Eastleigh/Chandler’s Ford
Search and book on the Learning Zone using keyword search: Spring Computing
Price: Sub £130 / SLA £100 / Full £156